- Abhay Ashtekar. Physicist, born 1949. Introduced Ashtekar variables, basis of loop quantum gravity.
- Jacob Bekenstein. Physicist, born 1947. Formulated black hole thermodynamics, introduced the Bekenstein bound.
- David Deutsch. Physicist, born 1953. Founded theory of quantum computation.
- Murray Gell-Mann. Physicist, born 1929. 1969 Nobel prize in physics for contributions on theory of elementary particles. Introduced the quark model. Studied the weak interaction with Richard Feynman.
- Gerardus ‘t Hooft. Physicist, born 1946. 1999 Nobel prize in physics for elucidating the quantum structure of electroweak interaction. Proved renormalizability of gauge theories. Introduced the holographic principle.
- Andrei Linde. Physicist, cosmologist, born 1948. Theorized “slow roll” inflation and the inflationary multiverse.
- Carlo Rovelli. Physicist, born 1956. Founded loop quantum gravity, with Lee Smolin and Abhay Ashtekar.
- Edward Witten. Mathematical physicist, born 1951. Leading exponent of string theory, conjectured M-theory, made key contributions in topology and quantum field theory.
- Heinz-Dieter Zeh. Theoretical physicist. Introduced the many-minds interpretation of quantum mechanics. Contributed to theory of quantum decoherence.
- Wojciech Zurek. Physicist. Contributed to theory of quantum decoherence. Co-authored the no cloning theorem.
- Alain Connes. Mathematician, born 1947. 1982 Field medal. Contributed to the theory of operators algebra and noncommutative geometry.
- Charles H. Bennett. Computer scientist, born 1943. Theorized reversible computation and quantum teleportation. Developed the BB84 scheme for quantum cryptography.
- Gregory Chaitin. Computer scientist, born 1947. Founded algorithmic information theory.
- Tommaso Toffoli. Computer scientist. Introduced the Toffoli gate, fundamental logic primitive of quantum computation.